Friday, January 31, 2014

I'm Wearing What???

I'm going to say that I feel that "the dress" is the girl's most favorite part of wedding planning. It is also one of the first decisions you make since in today's dress making world it takes six to eight months to order your dress and get it in stock. This did not bother me so much since I have plenty of time. But of course I cannot wait to start trying on dresses. Sadly, my mother is not very involved in my life so I do not get to experience that whole mother daughter dress moment with my mom. I do, however, have the best future mother in law that has been more than a mom to me that I get to go dress shopping with. Let me tell you she is more than excited about it.

At dinner one night we open the table discussion to where we are going to look. My fiance piped up after hearing all those places and said well none of those places sound like they are going to have a Star Wars wedding dress. My heart stopped and I think his mother choked on her food. These are the three options that my fiance thought I was going to be wearing down the aisle:



I could not tell whose face was more priceless mine, my future mother in law's, or my future father in law's. We all come from very conservative back grounds nothing about these options said conservative or traditional. Well if he wanted me to wear this, that made me think about what he was planning on wearing. I will just show a picture of his answer:

I know all of our family would have gotten a kick out of this wedding attire but I could just not do this.  If I started to walk down the aisle and I saw Darth Vader waiting on me, I would be laughing the whole way down the aisle. When I say laughing I would be on the ground. I just think a wedding is a serious moment and I would not be able to take anything seriously dressed like any of these options. If we were going to Comic Con or any other fan gathering I would be all over this but our wedding? 

Needless to say I needed back up on this compromise. My fiance's mom and dad were great with this one. They really helped me to where now I can wear something like this :
And he will be wearing a traditional tux with some Star Wars enhancements like: 

Although I feel like I got the better half of the compromise I feel that the fiance is going to be happy at the end of the day looking back at the pictures. Or, he could totally surprise me and be Darth Vader at the end of the aisle either way I get my dress. 


No comments:

Post a Comment